Steel Layout and Modeling Software
CADISON® STEEL Layout is a comprehensive tool for planning and creating 3D steel structures efficiently in plant design. Steel Layout have wizards for error free creation of Ladders, Staircases, Platform, Rails and Water tanks , etc. It allows users to quickly create, edit, and detail custom assemblies like caged ladders, towers, pipe supports, frames, gratings, roofs etc. The module also provides users the ability to extract GA drawings of the structures created and generate reports for Bill of Material (BOM) and quantities (BOQ) required. Its SDNF export interface enables user to export steel structure data to Tekla for further detailing.
Easy Placement of Steel Structures for quick layout creation:
- CADISON®Steel Layout wizard based 3D Steel Structures helps users to create quick layouts with minimum inputs and as per the standards (Configuration Set)
- Placement of steel beams with quick and easy selection of different steel profiles, cardinal points and effortless placement of end-cuts etc for custom structures
- Once user places steel profiles; creating mitre-joints and setting end-offsets for the connected profiles is very easy
- Flexibility to add end cuts intuitively, reduce the time required to adjust the beams/columns with reference to other structural members
Wizard for Standard Structures
Platforms: CADISON® Steel Layout module allows users to quickly create rectangular, polygonal (Circular) and freeform platforms.
- User can specify/select steel sections for columns, primary & secondary beams, braces and types for base plate and floorings. Flexibility to select require profiles in a wizard enable visualization of the structures and generate BOM for proposal preparations and cost calculations
Users can quickly create and place continuous or split handrails along the selected path
- Staircases & Ladders:
Steel Layout module help to generate Staircases & Ladders with wizards, which will ensure the selection of required profiles and entering valid inputs. It assists users in selecting & entering required details. These structures are created as Steel Structure assemblies enabling copying of these to different locations
- Wizards for Caged Ladder and Trusses:
Users will be able to easily create and place caged ladder and trusses in the steel structures
- 3 types of Caged Ladder are supported:
Caged ladder with front exit, left exit and right exit
- 7 types of Trusses are supported:
King, Queen, Warren, Pratt, Lattice, North Flight and Hove roof overhanging truss
Custom Assembly of Steel Objects
- CADISON® Steel Layout enables users to create non-standard steel structures. For e.g. crossovers / walkways, Pipe Racks etc.
- This module introduces a new assembly object called 'Steel Structure'. This object helps users to build custom assembly of steel objects to form a group and name it.
- Naming the Steel Structure helps in identifying and categorizing the steel elements at plant level such as platforms, gratings, frames, roofs, towers etc.
- These objects also help in preparing specific BOMs and cost calculations
SDNF interface for Further Detailing
- With built-in SDNF (Structural Steel Detailing Neutral File) export interface users of Steel Layout can export steel structures to Tekla, Advance Steel for further detailing
- Users can select steel structures ( graphically or from a list/tree) to export, a preview option to view the selected structures enable user to verify the accuracy of selection of intended structures before exporting..
- User can extend SDNF export to other software with help of configuration file.
- With the SDNF interface CADISON® bridges the gap between 3D Steel Structure layout and fabrication detailing workflows
- CADISON® Steel Layout comes with two report templates (excel & word) to provide BOM immediately upon installation. These reports give piecewise information of its type, size and weight or provide categorized report of the steel sections for the type, length, weight and quantity
- User can create new templates using CADISON® report template creation guidelines/procedure
Configuration of standards in Steel Layout:
The Steel Layout module wizards such as Ladder, Caged Ladder, Staircase, Handrail, etc. are enhanced to support various standards (DIN, ISO, etc.). It helps the users to create the structures according to the selected standards quickly.
Standards can be configured by an administrator using configuration set functionality (as per the guiding values) and made available for use in a project. Steel Structure Wizards will validate the user entered values with the guiding values from a standard.
Improved End Cut Feature:
It is now possible to represent End-cuts at an intersection for better visualization and accurate BOM. Beam-mitre option is added in addition to the Beam-offset option available in previous version. This enables users to trim the steel profiles (beam/columns) and avoid an intrusion. The users can specify beam/column profile lengths in BOM accurately.
Easy Placement of Beams or Columns
Adding multiple steel profiles along with multiple beams and columns in a drawing becomes easy with a new command introduced in R15.5. Users can quickly add the beams and columns with required spacing at a click of a button.