What is new in CADISON® R17.1 ?
We are pleased to inform you that we have released CADISON® R17.1 today (20.04.2018). CADISON® R17.1 implements latest version of Object Oriented Database (Versant Database Engine version 126.96.36.199), which also supports Windows 2016 Server.
Overview of Key Enhancements in CADISON® R17.1
- CADISON R17.1 now supports Windows Server 2016 standard in addition to Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard with Update KB2919355
- User can automatically update to R17.1 from CADISON R17.1.0 installation
- CADISON E&I Module can be installed as independent module along with Project Engineer and MATPIPE by selecting only the “Electrical Designer” during CADISON setup
- Seamless installation all designer modules on top of “CADISON E&I Module” if required complete designer modules vice versa
This new enhancement of line types in CADISON® R17.1 enables the User to use MPL styles (entities) for creation of pipelines/pipe runs and electrical schematics effortlessly. Pipe crosses automatically get created and updated while the User continues with the native AutoCAD line type for drawing or modifying the pipelines. It also gives Users the flexibility to configure the MPL line styles as per their organization requirements (in addition to the available/default MPL line types) by mapping it with AutoCAD line types. (for e.g. mapping “stylemapping.cfg” @...\CADISON\Data\Config\MPL folder).
- It eliminates the manual process of creating and assigning the MPL styles for each line and saves time.
- It also assists the User in creating P&ID and schematic drawings without additional efforts.
CADISON® R17.1 provides drawing comparison feature to ensure that a P&ID drawing matches with a 3D installation drawing and vice versa; furthermore, it also verifies if the objects are placed and connected in the same way in P&ID and 3D drawing. For e.g. it validates nominal size of pipelines (DN Comparison), flow direction and connection details, etc.
In addition, the placement of the objects in different drawing types is also synchronized, and the system will display the graphical elements in predefined colours to visually inspect the disparities between the two drawings (for e.g. P&ID & 3D or P&ID & Schematic, etc.).
Color Coding to visualise differences or missing objects:
- Green means – objects are present in both drawings and everything is ok
- Orange means – objects are present in only one of the drawings and they need to be added to another drawing
- Cyan means – objects specific to one discipline, which need not be present in both the drawings
With this feature, Users can now focus on orange objects, and add them to other drawings (by simply dragging and dropping it from the CADISON® tree).
- It improves the accuracy of pipeline or schematic construction
- It improves the consistency between P&ID, Schematics and 3D drawings
- It improves the accuracy of BOM, MTO, etc.
In CADISON® R17.1, a new feature gives the Users the option to isolate specific 3D areas where design work or editing needs to be done. This enables User to clip a 3D space in a (bigger) drawing and visualize the graphics within the 3D clip and hide the rest -of- the drawing. It also provides the flexibility to switch back and forth between 3D clip area and drawing to readjust the focus area.
- 3D Clip functionality improves drafting/editing efficiency of large and complex drawings
- Improves the overall performance of a system by reducing the time taken for rendering the complex drawing
With CADISON® R17.1 enhancements, pipe routing is improved in 3D-Designer. It enables the Users to create/route the complex pipeline in an intuitive way. This new option (Partwise Pipe Routing check box in the pipeline UI) has built-in intelligence that auto-suggests the next component for routing based upon the cursor position on the drawing. As the cursor position changes, the system will identify the possible options and display the appropriate piping component objects at the tip of the cursor (for e.g. straight segment, elbow-left/right/up/down, etc.) for quick routing. More details on (Page-11).
This new enhancement enables a User to complete the entire pipeline routing (end-to-end) in an efficient way. It is intuitive and guides the pipe routing process
Once an isometric drawing of a pipeline is created and the status is marked as ‘approved’, the system can freeze (lock) the 3D pipeline in model space and block any further modifications/updates. This enables a 3D User to identify which pipeline constructions are approved (already), and which can still be changed. User can enable/disable this feature with ‘Isosyslockpl’ property in 807-ISOGEN sheet.
- Users can avoid unintended modifications on 3D pipeline for which isometrics are already created, approved and/or delivered to construction
- Brings certainty to the process and avoids errors
CADISON® R17.1 provides a new set of commands to assist in quicker completion of GA drawings:
- It is now possible to hatch the building elements (of view port) with a single command. It is also now easier to delete hatches in view port or recreate them as per the model changes
- With the new enhancement, it is now possible to create hidden line representation of selected objects. Hidden lines created do have associativity with the objects and the ‘Update Command’ will recreate the hidden lines as per the revised model
- It provides an additional option to display end cut symbol in fill & unfilled modes. A new YinYang symbol is also added
- The Centerline representation feature is enhanced to draw associative centerlines of selected pipelines or all pipelines in a view
- An additional option to ignore pipes which have less than a specified nominal diameter will improve clarity of GA drawings when a User desires less clutter
- The ‘Update Centerline’ command will update all the centerlines drawn using ‘Representation with Centerlines’ command as per the changes in the model
- Another neat feature allows the Users to save AutoCAD XREF layer settings of a drawing (detachment), so that at a later time re-attaching the same (detached) XREF can automatically restore saved XREF layer setting
These new set of commands will improve efficiency for completion of GA Drawings
- The improved task container enables the project leaders to plan, create and monitor the project data. It helps to organize work and assign them to the project team (who can see the project wise tasks assigned to them). Project managers can monitor all active, in-progress, overdue and confirmed tasks to update the schedule
- It is also possible to have (customizable) predefined filters
- Easier to view, open/close/all tasks in a container with a single click
- Easy to use context menu for updating task status
- Provision to assign/record - start date and end date for each task container
- Easier filtering of a task container with start date & end date, etc.
- Leverage and maximize PDM capability of CADISON® and save the cost and effort of managing and monitoring projects with other tool
Nozzle assistant wizard is enhanced to support Planar, Conical & Flat Dished head surface. The wizard-based UI will display the appropriate parameters (to be entered by a User) based on the selection of surface to add/create nozzles. Users can also edit the nozzle with the same UI used for creation of a nozzle.
Flexibility to add various types of nozzle based on vessel types
CADISON® ‘Excel import/export’ feature is used to apply technical specification to the chosen components in a batch mode (mass edit). Typically, the User exports the selected object(s) into Excel, updates the specification/properties in Excel and imports the revised list back into CADISON®. In some cases, the properties of the exported objects might get revised in CADISON® (while the User is still working in Excel). This leads to data discrepancies and forces the User to manually update it again in CADISON®.
With this improvement, User can verify the differences between CADISON® data and the Excel sheet data in ‘Data Verification Dialog’. This enables a User to choose the most appropriate information to be used (with the help of a click).
Users also have an option to sort, and filter data based on the Excel or CADISON® properties for quick review of the differences and decide future course of action.
Facility to merge the concurrent changes in CADISON® & Excel eliminates data loss and reworks and ensures that the latest data is being used for the project
With ‘Multiple Potential Wires’ function added in R17.1, Users would be able to draw 3 phase wiring in schematic diagrams more quickly and in a guided manner. The User has an option to specify wire spacing, select neutral wires, and/or grounding wires in addition to the number of potential(s) specified. Also, an option to select various wires and nodes (to be used) enables the system to add nodes automatically at an intersection of new and existing wires. Other usability features included - Easy to start (new) wires or continue existing wires, branching-out from existing wires, or crossing existing wires with jumpers being added automatically at wire crossing, mirror option to switch wires (in either direction), ‘Undo’ option to go back to last point, etc.
- It reduces the number of click(s) required to complete multi-wire routing
- System-guided routing assists the Users to add objects (nodes, jumpers, etc.) for accurate schematic drawings